Streamline Your Business Operations
Listen, we get it. Input/Output document management—well, honestly, document management in general—can be supremely frustrating, time-consuming, and even downright confusing sometimes; but it doesn’t have to be.
We’ve been in the business of input/output document management for well over 15 years. Suffice it to say, “we know a thing a or two” because we’ve developed an entire network of solutions to help you efficiently and effectively manage your business and deliver high-quality results to your customers.
Specifically, our flexible work solution—Lasernet Connector—can help you create, transform, and manage your business documents with just a few clicks of your mouse. How? Glad you asked! Let’s dive in.
What is Lasernet Connector?
Essentially, Lasernet Connector is a Microsoft Dynamics 365 integrated software solution that enables you to transform any document you upload to the Lasernet Dynamics 365 Business Central framework into your desired file format—be it email, PDF, fax, etc.
Additionally, you can:
- Send business documents automatically and electronically within the same solution, saving you time, paper, toner, and excess commercial or office printers.
- Deliver your documents in the exact formats and layouts desired by your customers—which, of course, helps to improve customer satisfaction.
- Design and maintain your own documents—even those created using different software, such as MS Word—without the use or knowledge of software development.
- Easily adapt your documents to various department, and even international, requirements.
How do I use it?
Lasernet Connector can perform a wide range of tasks when it comes to creating and managing your business documents. Let’s dive deeper into the solution’s offerings.
In the Report Setup function, under Edit List, you can select (activate) or deselect (deactivate) specific reports to determine which documents will be printed. Simply click the box, or boxes, in the Activate column that are associated with the document you wish to print to prepare it for printing.
If you wish to add fillable fields to the documents you’re creating, simply open the Document Layouts function in Lasernet Connector and click +New. You can also create Blob fields which allow you to customize the details of, say, your sales order form with typical columns such as: “To,” “Description,” “Quantity,” etc.
Good news! Lasernet Connector comes with its own translation module so you don’t have to manually define every heading or label in your documents. Simply click and choose the language code you wish to use and the Document Translation function will do the rest! If you wish to change the label for a specific language, simply navigate to the Target Text column and input your desired changes.
Customize how you want the Dynamics 365 Business Central solution to proceed when the Print action is selected by navigating to the Lasernet Option FastTab and choosing what happens when the OK button is clicked:
- Preview - allows you to preview your document in PDF format before printing (this option does require a PDF viewing solution to function, such as MS PDF Reader).
- Save to PDF - generates a PDF version of the document for you to save for your electronic records.
- Print - prompts you to choose a printer from the Lasernet Printer list to ensure the files are printed correctly.
- Send E-Mail - attaches your document to an email for a specified address in the Lasernet E-Mail software solution, or the distribution list of a customer/vendor card (which requires the integration of a mail server solution, such as MS Outlook).
- E-Invoice - generates a different file format version of your document (such as XML) for invoicing (though, this option requires additional setup in the Lasernet software solution).
- Fax - sends your document via fax…kind of self-explanatory—though this option does require the integration of a fax solution, such as MS Fax.
A quick note on Customer/Vendor Cards:
When customizing your Distribution Settings, under the Lasernet FastTab, you can define the email address to save it as part of your Send E-Mail print option.
Creating forms for the first time in Lasernet Connector’s Document Management may seem daunting, but if you click on the Suggest button it will generate six pre-labeled forms ready for you to use! But wait, there’s more! Lasernet Connector is all about customization, which means you can create your own type of Decimal, Data, Integer, Date, and Time formats.
Simply navigate to the Usage Data Formats function, then Data Formats. The controls follow this hierarchy:
- Report + Language
- Nothing (if nothing is selected in Language, Report, or Usage Data Format, the default ISO format will be used).
When you enter Usage Data Formats for the first time, your form will be empty—but, not to worry, the handy-dandy Suggest button is right in-between Manage and Build Format. Clicking Suggest will automatically build two records: one for Dates and one for Decimals, both will be in EU format.
Should you get a little lost or overwhelmed in the flurry of your form-making, don’t worry. In the primary window under Lasernet Document Management, the Help button is right next to the Suggest button when you need it.
The Lasernet Archive can be accessed via the Lasernet Document Management function. When it comes to document management, nothing is worse than painstakingly building a document only to have it disappear into the forest of ones and zeros in your computer.
Within the Lasernet Archive, you can view your saved PDFs and the XML files that are sent to your Lasernet Server…just in case.
Another cool feature that saves you time, money, and headaches? Label-making. Lasernet Connector allows you to create Item Label Reports that can be used for printing labels in your desired format with or without a barcode. Yeah, you read that right.
Lasernet Connector supports barcodes such as:
- Code 128
- Code 39
- Code 93
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- UPC-A, EAN8/13
- UCC128 (EAN128, GS1-128)
- DataMatrix (2D)
- MaxiCode (2D)
- PDF417 (2D)
- QR Code (2D)
Rest assured, Lasernet Connector will meet all your document creation, formatting, transforming, and management needs—now and in the future.
To get expert help with any questions or concerns you may have, contact us today to speak with one of our expert consultants, or read more about Lasernet here.